Potato and Chicken Soup

6:30 AM Unknown 4 Comments


So I moved to New York and eating, living, and even breathing is so expensive. I spend so much money on food and I really don't like nor do I have the time to cook often. And then this awesome, no-brainer idea popped into my head.

I decided to cook something that would last me for 2-3 weeks; something that wasn't rice or the usual foods; something healthy! I went to the grocery store and couldn't think of what to make and so I grabbed potatoes and some vegetables and voila!

Ingredients:
Potatoes
Chicken Breast
Carrots
Onions
Celery
Parsley leaves (optional: I like the distinct taste it has)
Mixed Vegetable
Peppers (green, red, yellow)
Chicken stock
Spices (curry, basil, oregano, black and crushed pepper ... whatever you like really ... be creative)

Now that you know what you need (it doesn't have to be exactly what I used), let me tell you how I made it.

Cook the chicken breast first (you'll need the stock)
When done, remove chicken from stock and cut into small chunks

Peel the potatoes and cut into small chunks
Wash and cut the carrots into small chunks
Chop the onions into small bits
Because the carrots and the potatoes are gonna take longer to get soft, you can put them in water and chicken stock and start boiling
Add the onions as well

It takes about 10-15 minutes for the potatoes and carrots to get soft, while waiting:
Cut the peppers, and celery into small bits
You don't need to cut the parsley, just pluck it and keep in a container
Get your mixed vegetable ready as well

When the potato and carrots are soft, add in the peppers, celery, parsley and mixed vegetable
Spice the soup
Stir very well
Leave to simmer for 5 minutes

If you are not a fan of the ingredients I used, you can use pretty much anything; mix it up.

Try it out and thank me later. It's so delicious and totally healthy.

Also great for leftovers. If you're too lazy to cook, instead of going out and making an unhealthy choice, you can always grab some soup in the refrigerator.

Cheers :)
Don't forget to subscribe.
Remain fit and sexy ;)

4 comments:

  1. This sounds yummy! I love the fact that you were able to make this dish with fresh ingredients and on a low budget. Even better, you can eat the leftovers at another time. I LOVE cilantro and ginger, so I'll probably try those 2 ingredients when I make my own soup :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know what that's like and if you change anything else in the ingredient. Send a picture too

      Delete
  2. i love the presentation on this. Great job

    ReplyDelete