Homemade Chicken Veggie Wrap

11:05 PM Unknown 2 Comments


So, I was hungry on Friday afternoon and was so bored of eating the same food over and over, I decided to make a Chicken Veggie Wrap.

I had gone grocery shopping earlier though. I bought:

Pita bread (shawarma bread)
Vinegar
Soy sauce
Lettuce
Parsley
I already had these at home:
Barbecue sauce (I don't think I can survive without this)
Sausage
Chicken
Baked Beans
Tomatoes
Red and Green Peppers
Barbecue seasoning

Now that you know what you need (it doesn't have to be exactly what I used), let me tell you how I made it. It's super easy.

Wash the lettuce and parsley with vinegar and water
Cut the tomatoes, peppers, sausage and chicken to whatever size you want
Put 1 tablespoon of oil in a pan and sauté the tomatoes, peppers, baked beans, sausage and chicken with soy sauce and barbecue sauce
Spice with barbecue seasoning or ground pepper
Add the parsley and lettuce to the pan and let it heat up with the rest of the ingredients (You can decide not to add the lettuce to the pan for a fresher, crunchier feel)
Spread an even amount over wrap
Roll wrap tightly
You can decide to put the wrap in the oven for a crunchy feel

If you are not a fan of barbecue, you can use cheese and fat free yogurt. You can also add cucumbers, sweet corn, anything, mix it up.

Try it out and thank me later. It's absolutely delicious and it's about 300-400 calories, depending on what you use and the amount. 

2 comments:

  1. Looks yummy. Is it like vegetable shawarma?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, you could call it that or a healthier version of Nigerian shawarma.

      Delete